It used to not bother me that this site was served over plain HTTP, because (a) I don’t collect any information from users, and therefore security doesn’t so much matter and (b) I had this site hosted as a subdomain (because I’m an idiot and didn’t understand the hosting plan I set up when I was…19? Surprisingly the price is still competitive.) and so if I tried to force HTTPS you’d get that "This site may be trying to steal your data!" warning, because the cert was for 'bikesbooksandbullshit.com,' not the subdomain. Anyway.
While it doesn’t so much matter for this little bloggy thing, HTTPS will probably look better for The Work and Response, so I thought it might be time to look into it. I did, it was fine, I hosted this site as a test. Great.
But I’m an idiot so it broke all my goddamn automated builds. Which I did not even document a little bit.
So here I am, trying to remember what SSH keys I created and used and this, that, the other — how to update permission on the server so it would actually accept the build system’s private key and so on, and basically… it’s fixed now.
So I hope the little lock makes you feel better, is the point.
(And yes, this post was written largely to convince myself that it’s all working now. Yay.)